The Long Pole/ Staff is one of the oldest and most basic weapons.
Unlike other weapons it is not fancy, it’s boring to watch but because of its long nature, it helps to develop many attributes that will benefit your empty hand work. For example:
– shortens the movements of all single-arm movements
– forces the development of short power in all directions
– illustrates the necessary reason for the use of wider, lower stances
– amplifies all single hand sticking and sensitivity for empty hands
– also amplifies mistakes with your accuracy
– develops connection with your opponent over a long distance.